What is the cost of pest control in 2022?
You can avoid pests from ever entering your home, but you should budget for them if you are already experiencing an infestation. This is our guide to professional pest control costs.
A pest-free home is worth the price. However, homeowners are keen to cut down on pest control expenses and find the best pest management company at a fair price. You might be asking yourself: What does pest control cost?
Average Pest Control Cost
Pest control, such as bedbug and wildlife solutions, can sometimes be purchased as the service. Many homeowners prefer to have an ongoing pest management plan in place to avoid future problems and deal with existing pests.
Preventive services are best arranged for a yearly contract, which typically is paid monthly or quarterly.
The national average cost for general pest control plans was $51 per month. If you prefer that, $152 per quarterly pest control visit is available.
This number can be increased by adding specialized pest control treatments for termites, wildlife control and bedbugs. For ants and fleas, a one-time visit costs $150 to $150. Fumigation services cost $8,000.
Pest control companies will visit your home every quarter. Your initial visit and ongoing treatment will usually be a little more costly than regular visits.
Depending on the services and provider you choose, this initial treatment may cost between $99 and $350.
DIY pest control costs
Costs for DIY pest control vary depending on the pest. You will need to purchase traps. These can cost anywhere from $6 to $58 for small ant baits to $58 to large wildlife traps.
In-depth research on trap prices, cleaning supplies costs and damage caused by pests revealed that DIY pest control can be expensive.
These factors include the size of the home, whether there are pests inside or outside, how many entry points they have, what type of pest they are, and how many treatments you need.
The average DIY pest control cost can range from $50 for small ant problems to $250 for minor mouse infestations.
DIY pest control comes with hidden costs. If their home pest control methods fail to work, homeowners run the risk of a full-blown infestation.
Pest control services are often priced according to the severity of the infestation. It is possible to pay more for pest control in the end if you attempt to do it yourself.
Your plan to save money could backfire if your pest problem doesn’t stop growing while you wait for professional help. We surveyed 1000 homeowners who had dealt with pest problems in the past. 62% tried DIY solutions.
One-third of those surveyed said that their home remedies didn’t solve the problem. Half of those who failed to succeed hired a professional.
It’s nearly impossible to remove a large infestation if it is already established. We will show you what pest problems should not be attempted on your own.
When should you use professional pest control services
Although you might be tempted to do it yourself, there are common pests in your home that should be left to professionals.
Wildlife: Many wildlife are protected by law from habitat destruction and poisoning. When threatened, raccoons, possums, and squirrels may carry diseases or become violent. It is wise to leave wildlife control to experts.
Carpenter ant treatment: These tiny insects bite and can cause damage to your home. Carpenter ants may be the cause of sawdust and winged ants around your home. To avoid any serious damage to your home, contact a professional immediately.
Termite Control: This is a service that should only be left to professionals. Fumigation is a treatment that sprays pesticide gas into the area and forces homeowners to evacuate. This is for severe infestations. You may notice termites infesting your home. These include hollow spots in the wood, small white wings that hover around common household pests and wood damage.
Bedbug treatment: Bedbugs can be infiltrated in more places than just the bed. They can also infest upholstery, furniture, and electrical appliances. To get rid of bedbugs, call a professional. Bedbug signs include tiny, yellow eggs, eggshells that are small and pale, and rusty stains on the bed.
Roach control: Cockroaches are unsightly and difficult to eradicate. These pests hide in cracks in walls, piles clutter, cupboards, drains, and other electrical devices at night. According to the World Health Organization, you can usually spot them by small, dark droppings that are found around your house, especially near food sources.
Treatments for rodents: Most rodent problems can be solved with just a few traps. However, large-scale infestations may require professional assistance. Expert help is required if your home is infested by rats or mice. A rodent infestation can be identified by small brown droppings at the back of cabinets or drawers, holes on the walls or floors and bite marks or holes inside food containers. There may be scratching sounds in the attic, ceilings or walls.
It’s important to contact a professional pest control service immediately if you are experiencing any of these problems. For serious pest problems, the Green Wave Pest Solutions in this review offer same-day service.
What are the factors that influence pest control prices
There are many factors that influence the price of pest control products.
- You need to consider the size of your home. The more rooms there are for insects to hide, the larger the home. Service costs will be higher for larger homes.
- Pests can be found in both the inside and outside of your home. This can lead to higher service costs. You can reduce your cost by treating pests that have already been outside but not yet inside your home. However, extensive treatment may be required if pests are found throughout your home or around the perimeter.
- There are many entry points. To prevent future invasions of pests like termites and wildlife, you will need to seal any possible entry points. This can lead to higher treatment costs.
- Different pest types can have different pest management costs. Simple traps for ants are less costly than termite fumigation and sealants. Your pest control cost will depend on the pest you are dealing with.
- Multiple treatments may be required if your home is infested. Pest control costs can rise if you have to do repeated, intensive treatments. You may be able to use a quarterly schedule to prevent maintenance for a lower price.
- Infestation level. Simple bugs can be easily treated quickly. A full-blown infestation will require more expensive chemical treatments and a longer list of services. The bottom line is that the more severe your pest problem is, the more expensive your bill will be.
- The location of your home is important. It determines what pests you are likely to encounter. New Yorkers don’t have to deal with scorpions as often as New Yorkers. This also affects how far you will need to travel to get rid of them. These two factors will impact your pricing.
Does location matter?
Green Wave Pest Solutions claims that pest control prices are not affected by geographic location. However, there are exceptions.
A wealthy neighborhood will likely have many large, luxurious homes. Pest control costs may be higher because the pest control company has to cover more territory in each home.
Most pest control companies generally operate within the same service area, so there shouldn’t be any travel fees. To make up for extra time, mileage, and transportation costs, homeowners outside of the service area might be subject to travel fees.
Ask your pest control company these key questions
While pest control can give homeowners peace of mind it is important to be aware of common safety concerns before the service begins. These are the top questions you should ask your pest control company.
- Are you only using FDA-approved, non-banned pesticides?
- What is the maximum time I should wait before my application is approved?
- How do you reserve your rights if the pests return?
- Are we required to travel outside the house for treatment?
- What is the time it will take to eradicate my pest infestation?
- How do you train your technicians?
What are the best ways to find the lowest price?
You should do the same thing when purchasing a car or house. Shop around and compare prices to find out what pest control services are available in your area. Online is a great place to begin your search. Websites which have millions of reviews from homeowners, offer free quotes almost immediately. You can quickly compare local pros to make an informed decision. Ask your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues for suggestions on top-rated, reasonably-priced pest control services.
Many pest control companies offer free on-site estimates. Before making a final decision, you should get bids from multiple businesses.
Green Wave Pest Solutions warns you to be wary of pest control companies that charge a nickel and dime for services such as retreatments. Retreatments should in almost all cases be free and covered by a company’s guarantee.
Also, be aware of companies that charge extra for next-day or same-day service. Green Wave Pest Solutions considers this a sign that the company’s pricing may be unfair. Whatever you do, don’t rush into a decision.
Best Pest Control Company
Professional pest control is not cheap, but it can add value to your regular services to keep creepy crawlies from invading your yard and home. To effectively eliminate dangerous pests such as termites or bed bugs, you might need to hire professionals.
Green Wave Pest Solutions is our top choice because it combines a wealth of industry experience with outstanding guarantees and wide service availability to provide homeowners with quality service. We recommend that you speak with multiple companies to get the best price and coverage tailored to your needs